2009-04-20

A Pipeline for Jesus Christ

“He who believes in Me, as the Scripture said, from his innermost being shall flow rivers of living water!” Joh. 7:38
“I have given waters in the wilderness and rivers in the desert….” Isa. 43:20
“And you will be like a watered garden, and like a spring a water, whose waters do not fail.” Isa. 58:11

Let me share with you a word you may relate to – it´s the word pipeline. I´m not going to talk about oil now. The word became relevant when I told Robert 8 months ago what had happened in his life a born-again believer. I said to him, “I had really nothing to do with this. I was a channel only.”
Funny enough he didn´t understand what I meant. “What is a channel?” he asked. “Oh, let me use another word. You know the word “pipeline”? I happened to be just a pipeline for Jesus Christ!” He smiled, and now he understood. The word “pipeline” has stuck with us ever since.
You and I are called to be “pipelines” for the Lord. What a high calling! In my unsaved days I was certainly a pipeline for Satan without knowing it. Oh yes, once I knew it, because someone said to me at one occasion, “You are a devil!” and I was, I must shamefully say.
The saving gospel came into my life, however, and made me a new creature in Christ. The old nature is still there and causes a lot of trouble. But I´m also a new man with a divine nature indwelt by God´s Spirit because of His grace bestowed upon me in Christ Jesus. The purpose for all that? To be a “channel” only, a “pipeline” to our immediate surroundings. May this be true in our lives in a more real way in a desert land day by day!
-jn-

No comments:

Post a Comment